- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO APPLY FOR MOST POSITIONS.
- FOR SPA POSITIONS MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT IS 18.
- YOU MUST HOLD A VALID PASSPORT.
- YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO AT LEAST A SIX MONTH CONTRACT.
- YOU MUST BE FLUENT IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE (ANY ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE IS AN ASSET).
Cruise staff are in charge of animating various events and activities for the adult passengers. These activities may include bingo, line dancing, karaoke, game shows like “The Newly Wed Game” and “The Dating Game” etc. Cruise Staff will also have embarkation/debarkation duties. You are there to answer any questions or deal with any situations that may arise. As a cruise staff you will be the “ultimate host/ess” in providing a safe fun-filled vacation for your passengers.
Qualifications: You must have excellent public relations skills and experience. Animation/hosting/emcee experience is an asset. Some cruise lines require previous shipboard experience as Cruise Staff. Languages are a plus.
As a youth counselor you will be animating various activities for children between 2-17. You will be providing supervision, and ensuring the safety and security of the children at all times whilst on duty. Such activities may include arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, story time, sports and various contests.
Qualifications: Recent and extensive experience with children in a group setting is a must. E.C.E.D. although preferred is not essential. School, daycare and camp background is beneficial.
These are all front line positions. You are the “information center” of the whole ship. You will be dealing with check in/out, passenger questions, complaints and inquires. You will also be doing foreign exchange, banking services, opening and closing of shipboard accounts and providing safety deposit boxes for the guests. Once promoted up to Purser, you may be in charge of passenger manifests, and immigration procedures, among other responsibilities.
Qualifications: These positions require a background in the hotel industry. Large chain hotels, with high guest volume are preferred. Banking experience is also an asset. Extensive customer service / hospitality desk experience needed.
Qualifications: Strong retail background is essential. Experience in duty free, fragrance, jewelry, clothing preferred. Must possess excellent customer service.
This dynamic team provides complete shipboard photography services which include guest photography, portraiture, videography, guest film processing and on board retail sales of photography equipment and accessories.
Qualifications: Formal training in Photography / Videography / Retail or professional experience is preferable, but not essential. Must be sociable and enjoy working with people.
As the title states, you will be playing in the adult disco. Various types of music. There are usually theme nights, i.e. Country Western, 50’s & 60’s. You may also need to do cruise staff duties during the daytime hours.
Qualifications: At least two years experience as a disc jockey. Must have good knowledge of top 40’s music. You will need to bring your own library of music that must have something for everyone!!!!
You will have various lounges that you will be responsible to provide bar service to your passengers. You may also have bar service in the theaters as well.
Qualifications: You must have at least 2 years experience as a bar server. You should have good knowledge of global cocktails. Excellent customer service is essential.
Provide superior bar service to guests. You will be dealing with people from many different cultures, so additional languages are definitely an asset. Depending on your level of experience, you may start as an Ass’t bartender and work your way up!
Qualifications: Minimum 4 years of bartending experience. Must have excellent product knowledge. Flair bartending is a plus. Basic school education essential and additional training in the hospitality field is beneficial.
Various technical positions are available onboard to operate, service and maintain all lighting, sound, staging, costume, special effects and video/ broadcast requirements for all entertainment venues ship wide. These include main theaters, show lounges, outdoor deck stages, broadcast facilities and any other venue which requires technical support.
Qualifications: Minimum trade school or equivalent diploma. Minimum 2 years post graduate experience in related tech field. Ability to work with international team using state of the art equipment.
The Port Shopping Guide presents live Shopping Talks and Product Seminars that entertain and educate cruise ship guests to get the most value ashore for their shopping dollar. Most of the products promoted are luxury goods: gemstones, fine jewelry, Swiss watches, crystal, electronics etc. During the port calls, the Port Shopping Guide meets with representatives from the contracted stores to monitor the effectiveness of their promotion and discuss strategies for future promotions.
Live Shopping Presentation
- Before an audience of hundreds of people
- Approx 45mins in length
- Approx 45mins in length Usually 2 to 3 per week
- The style is both persuasive and informative
- Focused on specific product groups i.e.: Gemstones, watches
- Given to smaller groups 50-100 people
- Usually 1 to 3 per week
- Answer passenger questions about the ports, including shopping information
- Usually 1 hour per day
- Answer passenger questions about the ports, including shopping information
- Usually 1 to 2 hours per port day.
- Appearing at key events around the ship to promote the Shopping Program at a one-on-one level
- Purposes: build and maintain a productive relationship between the PSG and the client
- Discuss sales results and collaborate on future promotions.
- Number of stores in each port varies from as few as one to as many as thirty
- During this time, the PSG often provides advice to the cruise ship guests as they make their purchases in the stores
- Ability to operate a computer and presentation software. Efficient and practical knowledge of e-mail, internet usage, Excel, Power Point and Word highly required.
- Assertive and effective communication skills. Must be able to communicate and present primarily in English. Must be able to enunciate and project clearly in order to maintain and capture the attention of guests at the live talks and during one-on-one presentations.
- Sales and marketing orientation. Ability to promote and market luxury goods.
- Prior experience working onboard a cruise ship preferred but not required.
- Good appearance and presence.
- Self motivated
- High energy and multitasking ability
- Ability to promote and sell.
- A detailed and updated resume
- A taped audition (on DVD or internet upload) presenting a sample script, (provided on request).
- A recent photo (5×7) which could be electronically submitted.
- A release or certification of completion of contract if working within cruise industry.
- Good references.
You will be the passenger’s favorite crewmember! Servers on cruise ships have a few common characteristics, outgoing, friendly, charming, witty and have excellent customer service. You will spend breakfast lunch and dinner with the same table of guests for the whole cruise. You have time to form a bond and make their cruise a memorable one! Some ships have up to four dining rooms. There is always five star service in the dining room. There are also various theme nights where you may be required to participate in parades, singing songs, with Flaming Alaska on your head! You will start in the position of ass’t server to allow time to train and learn about shipboard dining room procedures. You may be promoted to server by your second contract if your manager feels that you’ve demonstrated the ambition and the hard work to do so.
Qualifications: You must have at least one full year of experience in serving guests in a fine dining atmosphere. (Sorry, McDonald’s doesn’t count!) Languages are an asset. You should have the ability to organize and coordinate the service for 15-18 guests in the Dining Room.